- Name: Luke Burton-Krahn
- Position: LB/DE/LS
- College: University of British Columbia
- Height: 6’1
- Weight: 230
- Instagram: @l_e_b_k
What makes you a top prospect at your position in the 2023 NFL Draft?
- Realistically, I’m not at the top of anyone’s draft board right now. I wasn’t even recruited coming out of high school either. However, I believe My tenacity, athleticism, work ethic and attitude is what allows me to overcome any underdog position I find myself in and those traits are what make me a great football player.
At what age were you first interested in the sport of football?
- I started playing football at the age of 16. Since my high school didn’t have a football team, I played for the local community team in Victoria, BC.
What is one thing that NFL teams should know about you?
- I have a relentless effort and work ethic when it comes to football; I believe my biggest asset is that I never quit. Coming into UBC as a walk-on defensive back with barely any football experience and making my way into a starting position at Defensive End and Long Snapper is proof of that.
If you could donate to one cause in the world, what would it be?
- The Missing and Murdered Indigenous Women and Girls initiative.
What is the best advice you have ever received?
- Only 50% of your thoughts are actually true.
Who is the most underrated teammate in your locker room at your school?
- One of the Defensive Backs I played with, James Ens. He never complained about the workload that comes with being a college football player, was very physically tough and always found ways to make plays despite his size because of his film study and football instinct.
What is your biggest pet peeve?
- When people pretend to be something that they are not.
Overcoming adversity is what defines character, what was the hardest moment in your life to overcome?
- Overcoming addiction was and is the hardest thing I’ve ever done.
Tell me something about your school and why it is so special to you?
- I first came to UBC only because It was close to home and I had no interest from any schools. But after spending my years here, the brotherhood and friendships I’ve made being a part of this program will be with me for the rest of my life.
What is your favorite snack food?
- Taquitos are definitely a guilty pleasure of mine.
What is the best part of football?
- The physicality of the sport, plain and simple.
If you could sell yourself in one sentence what would you say?
- Whatever job you need me for on the football field, I will get it done.
If you could compare your play to one player in the NFL who would it be?
- I’m not sure who exactly I would compare myself to, but I like to take inspiration from Nick Bosa.